5 Things I Noticed This Week
Happy Mother's Day
"Mom, if you will let me give you all my money and worldly possessions, I will let you live with me when you are old.”
1. Special Olympics Chicago returns with scaled-down event in Dunbar Park
2. National Nurses Day is celebrated annually on May 6 to raise awareness of the important role nurses play in society. It marks the beginning of National Nurses Week, which ends on May 12, the birthday of Florence Nightingale.
3. Teacher Appreciation Week is celebrated in the first full week of May, and is when teachers get the extra credit they deserve. The big day is Teacher Appreciation Day on May 5, but teachers are just so great that they get a whole week to savor our appreciation.
4. In case you forgot, Kris Bryant is a really good baseball player...and an even better person and teammate.
BA: - .308 OPS: 1.068 HR: 9 RBI: 22 WAR: 1.7
Watch Kris Bryany Get Pranked By Greg Maddux
5. I finally came face-to-face with this bird that has been waking me up, every morning, at 4:41 am. This morning was like clockwork. I was going to find a way to lock him up, but then realized he would be a Jail-Bird!
Have a great week!